They're not the most ground breaking targets, but realistic based on the lack of pre-season training, and they will probably be updated as I get a feel for things - new location etc.
I've a few races planned (and one indeed ridden) before then, but these are more for 'enjoyment' and relying on underlying fitness. I've split the targets up into Road and TT.
However, in general I'd like to keep racing at the Mk Bowl, as it's a good laugh with clubmates. It should be feasible, as I'll finish work at 4.30, and it's about 90mins back to MK, with the race at 7pm. I'll certainly race every other week. I also believe there is a few other circuit race series near Swindon, Castle Combe for one, which I've heard good things about, and one in Bath too. I'm going to focus on Crits mostly, as I think they suit my fitness, and I get a bit bored in road races!
- Promotion to 2nd Cat
- Top 3 (Win!) a couple of races at the Bowl
- Leicestershire 2 day stage race - Top 10 in Prologue
- Top 10 Chilterns Cycling Festival Hill Climb. (18th last year despite overtraining!)
- Top 10 in a road race (will enter 3 or 4)
- Top 5 at other circuits (Castle Combe, Bath)
- Top 10 at Tameside
- New PB, F11/10 is looking the most likely again. Anything under 21:47 would be great, under 21 would be spectacular, but would take specific training...and a standard chainset!
- 21:XX on the f5d/10. I just like this course, maybe because it was my first TT. Very susceptible to wind though, and living away will mean less attempts.
- Race a 25. Definite pacing practice needed to avoid overcooking it!
- Top 20 in an open would be good too I think on a road bike.